Monday 3 March 2014

Everyday Skincare Routine aka A Whole Lot of Kiehl's Products



I recently started getting into skincare a year or so ago.

All I used to use was water and a drugstore pimple cream for spots. My acne got so bad I had to see a dermatologist for several years when I was a pre-teen, he prescribed me a pill which I had to take daily. Whether I actually took it or not is a secret.. After taking the pill, my acne got better however, my skin became dry and flaky as a result of the pill. It was then I started moisturizing and understanding the importance of sunscreen and whatnot. My skin has developed a lot since then, instead of dry skin which I had back then I now have oily-combination sensitive skin.

Without further ado here's my current skincare.

Morning Skincare:

From left to right: Avene Skin Recovery Cream
and Avene Creme Riche Anti-redness moisturizing
cream.
I'm rather lazy in the mornings and I love to sleep in so I cut everything to the bare minimum to save time.

1. First I wash my face with cold water

2. Then, I apply the Avene Skin Recovery Cream, it's designed for sensitive and irritated skin. Sometimes I switch it up with Avene Antirougeurs Creme Riche Anti-redness Rich moisturizing cream.

3. Lastly, I apply sunblock. The one I'm currently using is the Sport Block one by and the only reason why I'm using it os because it's "oil free."

Evening Skincare:

I do use a large amount of Kiehl's products in my skincare routine. There's no particular reason for this other than I went to a Kiehl's stand one day and met a nice lady there and she talked me through products that I would need or want and gave me about 20 samples which she was not supposed to do (shh.) I went home and made it a goal of mine to sort through the samples and ended up repurchasing a few of my favourites.

1. If I happen to be wearing makeup, I use Bioderma to remove my makeup.

2. Wash my face with Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleaner. I love the texture of this and the gentleness of this. Once lathered properly, it forms soapy bubbles which gently cleanses the skin of oil and dirt.

3. Once or twice a week, I'll use a facial scrub to eliminate the amount of flakey dry skin on my face. The one I'm using right now is the Kiehl's Pineapple Papaya Facial Scrub.

4. Also once or twice a week, I'll use my Origins Clear Improvement mask. I love this mask, it visibly decreases my pores and makes my face feel oil free whilst soft. It also dries really quickly but it's a bitch to take off.

From left to right, Bioderma cleanser, Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser, Kiehl's Pineapple
Papaya Facial Scrub and Origins Clear Improvement mask.


5. Toner, the one I'm using now is the Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol Free Toner. Before switching toners, I used the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Toner, I didn't really like this as it didn't do much for my skin.

6. Eye cream, I've noticed that since using mascara daily, my eye area has been more prone to dryness and redness. To improve this I use the Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, I got 6 sample packets of this and so far I've only used up 1.

7. If I have any active pimples I'll dab a bit of the Kiehl's Blemish Control Daily Skin-Clearing Treatment. It's almost if I've become immune to this as it used to work really well on me but now, not so much. I'll find a different one once I've finished.

8. Moisturizer, Kiehl's Skin Rescuer. Try it for yourself and you'll see what the hype is about.

9. Kiehl's Centella Recovery Skin Slave for when I need it.

10. Johnson's Baby lotion on my legs and arms. It's natural, affordable, smells great and is super moisturizing, I do get a few odd looks when I buy it though.

11. I've had hideous heels lately so I dab a bit of Eulactol Heel Balm Gold on whenever I remember. It works wonders.


From left to right: Kiehl's Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner, Kiehl's Blemish
Control Daily Skin-Clearing Treatment, Kiehl's Skin Rescuer, Kiehl's
Centella Recovery Skin Slave and Johnson's Baby Lotion. 



Blog ya later,
Sophie xo


P.S. Sorry for not blogging lately

No comments:

Post a Comment