Thursday 24 April 2014

Real Techniques Brushes Part 1

In this blog post I'll discuss the brushes in the Core Collection (buffing brush, detailler brush, pointed foundation brush and contouring brush) as well as the expert face brush. 

Expert Face Brush
This was the first Real Techniques brush that I owned along with the blush brush which will be mentioned in my next post. This was the brush that tempted me to purchase more Real Techniques products. This brush is ideal for liquid or cream foundation as it's dense and soft. The brush itself is round and ever so slightly tapered, this is good for building coverage and getting a flawless finish. The only thing I dislike about the brush is that since it is so dense it's quite difficult to clean. 

Buffing Brush
This brush is similar to the Expert Face Brush however it is more suitable for foundations of powder to cream constincy. The size of the brush is good for the application of powder, however I would prefer a slightly smaller brush when using cream. I use this for powder mainly to set my liquid foundation. 

Contouring Brush 
This brush enables a soft contoured look. The brush is a dome shape and fairly fluffy. This would have to be my least favourite brush as I prefer sharp contour lines in the hollows of my cheeks rather than the usual gradual defined contour line. 

Pointed Foundation Brush
This brush is surprisingly small. It does the job but I wish the brush were most soft. 

Detailer brush
I like this for concealer. It's meh. You could use your fingers and get the same result. 

No comments:

Post a Comment