Tuesday 21 January 2014

Introduction to Benefit, Primping with the Stars

I found myself being attracted to the brand "Benefit" about a year ago, however I could never get my hands on any of the products. On a lone winters day I found myself shopping on Asos, the beauty section to be precise and a few Benefit kits caught my eye. At this point in time, Benefit hadn't been accessible in stores in New Zealand so after minutes of browsing, I decided to make a purchase. I opted for the "Primping with the Stars" (Fake it kit) kit as it held mini sizes of a variety of items.

When I first received the kit, I was shocked and disappointed with the size of the products, especially for the price ($59.35 NZD). I soon realized that you aren't only paying for the quality, brand name and product but also the packaging. Who the hell cares about the quality of cardboard box and the mirror that comes with it? I may or may not have already broken my mirror.... The products themselves are pretty great aside from a few. 

Here's a more detailed review on each individual product.

1. Stay Don't Stray primer
I was really excited to use this product under my eyes as a base for my concealer. I didn't end up using it on my face as the contents separated and I have rather sensitive skin and I didn't want to risk it. I may use it another day when I'm feeling more daring.
2. The Porefessional
I love this product, I use it sparingly as a little goes a long way. It's a handy product for touch ups as well as a few dabs on the nose makes all the difference. I might re-purchase this if I win the lottery. I am worried that it might clog up my pores...

3. Some Kind-a Gorgeous cream foundation
I absolutely hate his product. This product would be great for smooth clear skin more on the oily side as a sheer cream foundation however I have the opposite skin type and it emphasizes my dry patches while doing nothing to conceal my red blotches.

4. Benetint
I've already bought the full size of this, I ABSOLUTELY love this product. There is one thing I'm not too fond of though and that's the smell, it smells like a bouquet of roses which disagrees with my nose. Benetint lasts nearly all day on both the cheeks and lips, if you're using it as a blush apply it before foundation as it creates a natural glowly look. It works better as a lip tint in my opinion as you can control the colour and therefore the effect you get with it, my favourite is the sultry night-time look which takes about 4 coats of this.

5. Girl Meets Pearl luminizer
I don't tend to use highlighters as my skin looks oily in natural daylight, however on a night out where pictures are likely to be taken, I find myself gravitating towards this product. My subconscious must reckon it's a fab product then. I don't think I will be re-purchasing this as I can't justify the price. ($57NZD for a 12mL)

6. They're Real mascara 
This is a must have product. Usually I don't mind what type of mascara I use as I can't tell the difference between them but this product opened my eyes. While using this mascara I've had people (my mum) ask me about my mascara and as cliche as this sounds, I told her, "They're Real." I have a backup ready and waiting for when I finish my mini. 

Blog ya later,
Sophie xo



3 comments:

  1. Love this so much Sophie, I was thinking about getting this and now you've helped me make up my mind. I haven't been able to find a good review till now! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. Let me know if you want reviews on another Benefit products xo

      Delete
  2. could you review the benefit hello flawless foundation? Also if you got colour matched could you share your experience?

    ReplyDelete