Wednesday 19 February 2014

Rimmel London Products and Review



A couple days ago while I was browsing on Asos I realized there was a sale on Rimmel London products so I picked three things.




1. Rimmel London Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl liner in Nude. It was $9.02 NZD ($7.39 USD)  but on sale it's $5.65 NZD ($4.63 USD). I decided to get this because I have difficulty pulling off black eyeliner on my bottom lash line. Black eyeliner tends to close up my eye making my eyes look non-exsistant. I've tried white eyeliner but I didn't like how it looked on me. I do prefer this a lot more as it's more natural and opens the width of the eye in a subtle yet effective product. This particular product is great because it's the perfect nude shade and does exactly what I wanted it to do.




2. Rimmel London Scandaleyes Shadow Paint, was $11.28 NZD ($9.24 USD) and went down to $6.78 NZD ($5.56 USD). The idea of an eyeshadow paint intrigued me. The colours aren't too unique just the generic shimmery colours but you can't go wrong with a taupe or brown so I picked this up in Rich Russet. So far I really like this product, the application of this is different but the wand makes it easy to apply. One of the things I dislike about this is once you apply it, you have to wait until it dries completely before opening your eyes, if not, the shadow paint creases really badly. The shade Rich Russet (on the left) is identical to Maybelline's Color Tattoo in the shade Bad to the Bronze (on the right). 

3. Rimmel London Kate lipstick in the shade 001. This wasn't one of the shades on sale but the other colours weren't too appealing to me so I decided to get it anyway. This is the perfect red for all skin shades. There is a prominent blue tone in this meaning any skin type between fair and dark skin can pull this off. I personally prefer the berry red (red with blue shades) because of this. I do however love bright brick reds but I don't have the correct skin tone to pull it off. This lipstick isn't particularly moisturizing but a swipe of lip balm underneath the lipstick will fix it. 




Blog ya later, 
Sophie xo 


No comments:

Post a Comment