Saturday 1 February 2014

Body Wash and Scrubs review





I tend to switch back and fourth between four products, Lush Snow Fairy shower gel, Soap and Glory's Breakfast Scrub, the Victoria's Secret body wash in Pure Seduction and the St. Ives Smoothing Apricot. The first thing I look for in a body wash is the smell, I have a pretty picky nose and tend to stay away from strong florals especially floral scents that smell like my grandma.

The St. Ives Smoothing Apricot is my newest edition. I first came across this when I went on holiday to The Coromandel, where we realized we didn't bring any shower gel so my cousin picked this up. There are several things I like about this.
Pros:
The price tag ($4 USD or $5.70NZD) for a 400mL bottle.
The smell, it smells like apricot lollies or an apricot smoothie.
It's made with natural ingredients
The exfoliant is the perfect size and does not dissolve. I prefer exfoliants that don't dissolve as they tend to last longer.
Cons:
Nothing


I received the Lush Snow Fairy shower gel on the christmas of 2012. My sister picked me for Secret Santa and I "subtly" hinted that I wanted it. It smells like candy floss and sweets, the exact description on the bottle is, "The smell of candy floss and pear drops transports you back to the days of standing in the sweet shop with your pocket money clasped in your fist, trying to decided what to buy."
Pros:
Smells amazing.
Lathers really well.
Not drying.
Cons:
The scent doesn't really linger.

Elle Fowler (allthatglitters21) loves Victoria's Secret body washes so I decided to try one for myself. Surprisingly, it's quite difficult to find in New Zealand as we don't have a Victoria's Secret. I ordered the body wash online which came with a hefty shipping fee ($30 NZD).
Pros:
Smells like plum and flowers.
Lathers well.
Texture is really good, milky and creamy.
Cons:
Scent doesn't linger.
A bit drying.

Lastly, The Breakfast Scrub by Soap and Glory. It's made up of organic cupuacu bio scrubs, bananas, almond and honey extracts. This smells like maple syrup and smells good enough to eat, I've actually eaten a bit.. didn't taste very good, won't be making that mistake again. The size of the product is reasonable being 300mL however, the price isn't. I bought this in Australia at Mecca for $28AUD which is about $35NZD. I could go without this product as the St. Ives exfoliator is a suitable substitute being 30% of the price.
Pros:
Has a 'wake me up' smell.
Smells really really good.
Lathers well.
Scent lingers.
Cons:
The exfoliator is sugar which means you have to use the product quickly to ensure the sugar doesn't melt right away.
Water gets into the container easily melting the top layer of the scrub making it milky.




Blog ya later,
Sophie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment